Heart Failure and Transplantation
Heart failure is a devastating condition that robs people of their ability to do even simple tasks.
Through the Program in Heart Failure and Transplantation at URMC, we are providing new hope to people with heart failure. We offer the most advanced treatments, many of which are not available anywhere else in the region.
- We offer all treatment options for patients with heart failure, including medication, ventricular assist devices (VADs) and heart transplants.
- We provide personal attention and accessibility that is often not possible at heart centers in major metropolitan areas.
- We are one of the nation’s leaders in the development of VADs for the treatment of heart failure.
- Through housing such as Harbor House of Rochester, we provide safe and supportive lodging for families traveling to Rochester for heart failure treatment.
- Our program has performed over 200 heart transplants since its inception in 2001.
- We have implanted over 400 ventricular assist devices (VAD) since 2001.
- Our outcomes compare favorably to the best heart transplant centers in the nation.
- Our Program in Heart Failure and Transplantation is the only such program in the region.
URMC is the first in the region to receive Advanced Certification from the Joint Commission for Heart Failure and Ventricular Assist Devices.
Treatments we provide
Who to contact
Do you have heart failure? Are you interested in knowing more about advanced treatments for this conditions? Then contact the Program in Heart Failure and Transplantation at (585) 273-3760.
View this topic in our Health Encyclopedia.