Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans. So it’s important for everyone to remember this fact: The best way to beat heart disease is to prevent it.
The Preventive Cardiology Program at URMC offers people the most advanced and proven methods for preventing heart disease and enjoying a healthy life.
- The Preventive Cardiology Program at URMC is the first program of its kind in Western New York.
- Our cardiologists, Dr. John Bisognano and Dr. Robert Block, are experts in high blood pressure and unhealthy cholesterol levels, two of the most important risk factors in heart disease.
- Our diet and exercise programs can help you to lose weight and reduce your risk for developing heart disease.
- We can help you quit smoking, one of the most powerful ways to protect the health of your heart. Dr. Geoff Williams, Director of the URMC Healthy Living Center, runs a large group which is dedicated to helping you stop smoking.
- By working with your family, we can help prevent heart disease in loved ones who may have inherited a higher risk.
- Through research at URMC, we are able to offer our patients the most advanced approaches for preventing heart disease.
Who to contact
Are you concerned that you are at risk for heart disease? Are you interested in learning the most advanced methods for preventing it? Call the Preventive Cardiology Program at URMC: (585) 275-2475.