Xueya Cai, PhDResearch Assistant Professor
Ph.D. (2008) State University of New York at Buffalo
My research interests include meta-analysis, correlation analysis, generalized linear (mixed) model, and their applications to biomedical and health services research questions.
My collaborations are in the area of health services research, including studies in nursing home quality of care, hospital quality of care of orthopaedic and CABG surgeries, and disparities among quality of health care. I have also worked with investigators in other areas, including MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection, care management, pediatric utilities, medication history, PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), psychiatric disorders such as alcohol dependence and bipolar disorder.
- Wang D, Cai X, Tian, L. Interval Estimation for the Gini Index of Shifted Exponential Distribution under Type-II Double Censoring. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology. [in press]
- Temkin-Greener H, Ladwig S, Caprio T, Norton S, Quill T, Olsan T, Cai X, Mukamel DB. Developing palliative care practice guidelines and standards for nursing home based palliative care teams: A Delphi study. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. (in press)
- Laroche HH, Ford C, Hansen K Formerly, Cai X, Just DR, Hanks AS, Wansink B. Concession stand makeovers: a pilot study of offering healthy foods at high school concession stands. J Public Health (Oxf). 2014 Mar 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Korfmacher KS, Suter BJ, Cai X, Brownson SA, Dozier AM. Environmental Risks and Children's Health: What can PRAMS Tell Us? Maternal and child health journal. 2013; Matern Child Health J. 2014 Jul;18(5):1155-68
- Li Y, Cai X, Ye Z, Glance LG, Harrington C, Mukamel DB.Satisfaction with Massachusetts nursing home care was generally high during 2005-09, with some variability across facilities. Health affairs (Project Hope).2013;32(8):1416-25
- Cui J, Zhu M, Cai X (co-first author), Liu T, Zhao N. The Efficacy of Bevacizumab Compared with Other Targeted Drugs for Patients with Advanced NSCLC: A Meta-Analysis from 30 Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials. PLoS One. 2013 Apr 16;8(4):e62038
- Cai X, Li Y Are AMI Patients with Comorbid Mental Illness More Likely to be Admitted to Hospitals with Lower Quality of AMI Care? PLoS ONE 2013, 8(4): e60258. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0060258
- Cai X, Campbell N, Khan B, Callahan C, Boustani M. Chronic Anticholinergic Use and the Aging Brain. . Alzheimer's & Dementia. 2013 Jul;9(4):377-85.
- Cai X, Wilding GE, Hutson A, Java J (2012). Estimation and Testing of the Conditional Correlations Across Continuous Variable(s) for Heteroscedastic Data. Advances and Applications in Mathematical Sciences 10(9):191-206.
- Wilding GE, Cai X (Corresponding Author), Hutson A, Yu Z (2011). A Linear Model Based Test for the Heterogeneity of Conditional Correlations. Journal of Applied Statistics 38(10):2355-2366.
- Li Y, Yin J, Cai X, Temkin-Greener H, Mukamel DB (2011). Association of race and site of care with pressure ulcers in high-risk nursing home residents. JAMA 306(2):179-186.
- Cram P, Lu X, Kaboli PJ, Vaughan-Sarrazin MS, Cai X, Wolf B, Li Y (2011). Clinical characteristics and outcomes of Medicare patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty, 1991-2008. JAMA 305(15):1560-1567.
- Nurnberger J, McInnis M, Reich W, Kastelic E, Fisher C, Erpe M, Gershon ES, Berrettini W, Laite G, Schweitzer R, Rhoadarmer K, Coleman V, Cai X, Azzouz F, Liu H, Monahan P, Wilcox HC (2011). A high-risk study of bipolar disorder: Childhood clinical phenotypes as precursors of major mood disorders. Archives of General Psychiatry 68(10):1012-20.
- Vander Weg MW, Cunningham CL, Cai X (2011). Tobacco use and exposure in rural areas: Finding from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system. Additive Behaviors 36:231-236.
- Blekher T, Weaver MR, Cai X, Hui S, Marshall J, Jackson GJ, Wojcieszek F, Yee RD, Foroud TM (2009). Test-retest reliability of saccadic measures in subjects at-risk for Huntington disease. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 50(12):5707-5711.
- Murphy TF, Brauer AL, Eschberger K, Lobbins P, Grove L, Cai X, Sethi S (2008). Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 177:853-860.
- Li Y, Dick AW, Glance LG, Cai X, Mukamel DB (2007). Misspecification issues in risk adjustment and construction of outcome-based quality indicators. Health Services & Outcomes Research Methodology 7:39-56.
- Liang Y, Tayo B, Cai X, Kelemen A (2005). Differential and trajectory methods for time course gene expression data. Bioinformatics 21:3009-3016.
- Cai X, Jin P (2000). The disadvantage of effective rate analysis in patients with different illness status. Journal of Health Statistics in China 17(4):250-51.
- Cai X, Jin P (1999). The method and its limitation to assess agreement using Intraclass Correlation Coefficient (ICC). Journal of Preventive Medicine in China 33(3):175-76.