Tong Tong Wu, PhDAssociate Professor of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
Ph.D. (2006) University of California, Los Angeles
Dr. Tong Tong Wu received her Ph.D. in Biostatistics from the Department of Biostatistics, UCLA School of Public Health in 2006. She then held a postdoctoral researcher position in the Department of Human Genetics, UCLA when visiting the Department of Statistics at Stanford University. Dr. Wu started as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Maryland, College Park in 2007. She is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology at the University of Rochester.
Dr. Wu is a biostatistician with interests in
- High-dimensional data analysis
- Survival analysis
- Machine learning
- Computational statistics
- Computational biology and statistical genetics
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Gong, H.*, Wu, T.T.*, and Clarke, E. (2013) (*: joint first author) Statistical Analysis of High-Dimensional Data for Pancreatic Cancer. In Azmi, A (Ed.), Molecular Diagnostics and Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer: Systems and Network Biology Approaches (Chapter 20). Elsevier Academic Press.
Statistical Methodology Papers
- Fang, H.-B., Wu, T.T.*, Rapoport, A.P., and Tan, M. (2014) (*: corresponding author) Survival Analysis with Functional Covariates for Partial Follow-up Studies. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Epub.
- Chen, S., Grant, E., Wu, T.T., and Bowman, F. D. (2014) Some Recent Statistical Learning Methods for Longitudinal High-dimensional Data. WIREs Computational Statistics, Volume 6, No 1, 10-18.
- Tang, C.Y. and Wu, T.T. (2013) Nested Coordinate Descent Algorithms for Empirical Likelihood. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, Epub.
- Wu, T.T. and Wang, S. (2013) Doubly Regularized Cox Regression for High-dimensional Survival Data with Group Structures. Statistics and Its Interface, Volume 6, No 2, 175-186.
- Wu, T.T. (2013) Lasso Penalized Semiparametric Regression on High-Dimensional Recurrent Event Data via Coordinate Descent. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, Volume 83, No 6, 1145-1155.
- Wu, T.T. and Wu, Y. (2012) Nonlinear Vertex Discriminant Analysis with Reproducing Kernels. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, Volume 5, No 2, 167-176.
- Wu, T.T. and He, X. (2012) Coordinate Ascent for Penalized Semiparametric Regression on High-Dimensional Panel Count Data. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Volume 56, No 1, 25-33.
- Wu, T.T. and Lange, K. (2010) The MM Alternative to EM. Statistical Science, Volume 25, No 4, 492-505.
- Wu, T.T. and Lange, K. (2010) Multicategory Vertex Discriminant Analysis for High-Dimensional Data. Annals of Applied Statistics, Volume 4, No 4, 1698-1721.
Supplementary File: Proof of Proposition 1
R package: VDA
- Li, G.* and Wu, T.T.* (2010) (*: alphabetic order) Semiparametric Additive Risks Regression for Two-Stage Design Survival Studies. Statistica Sinica, Volume 20, No 4, 1581-1607.
- Wu, T.T., Chen, Y.F., Hastie, T., Sobel, E., and Lange, K. (2009) Genomewide Association Analysis by Lasso Penalized Logistic Regression. Bioinformatics, Volume 25, No 6, 714-721.
R package: CDLasso
- Wu, T.T.*, Sun, W.*, Yuan, S., Chen, C.-H., and Li, K.-C. (2008) (*: joint first author) A Method for Analyzing Censored Survival Phenotype with Gene Expression Data. BMC Bioinformatics, Volume 9, 417.
- Wu, T.T. and Lange, K. (2008) Coordinate Descent Algorithms for Lasso Penalized Regression. Annals of Applied Statistics, Volume 2, No 1, 224-244.
Supplementary Appendix: Weak Consistency of Lasso Penalized l1 Regression
R package: CDLasso
- Lange, K. and Wu, T.T. (2008) An MM Algorithm for Multicategory Vertex Discriminant Analysis. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Volume 17, No 3, 527-544.
Fortran 90 program and example
R package: VDA
- Liu, H. and Wu, T.T. (2008) Sample Size Calculation and Power Analysis of Changes in Mean Response over Time. Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation, Volume 37, No 9, 1785-1798.
- Liu, H. and Wu, T.T. (2005) Sample Size Calculation and Power Analysis of Time-Averaged Difference. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, Volume 4, No 2, 434-445.
- Liu, H., Li, G., Cumberland, W.G., and Wu, T.T. (2005) Testing Statistical Significance of the Area under A Receiving Operating Characteristics Curve for Repeated Measures Design with Bootstrapping. Journal of Data Science, Volume 3, No 3, 257-278.
- Liu, H. and Wu, T.T. (2003) Estimating the Area under A Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC) Curve for Repeated Measures Design. Journal of Statistical Software, Volume 8, Issue 12, 1-18.
- Gong, H.*, Wu, T.T.*, and Clarke, E. (2014) (*: joint first author and corresponding author) Pathway-Gene Identification for Pancreatic Cancer Survival via Doubly Regularized Cox Regression. BMC Systems Biology, Volume 8(Suppl 1):S3.
- Zook, K.R., Saksvig, B.I.,Wu, T.T., and Young, D.R. (2014) Physical Activity Trajectories and Multi-Level Factors among Adolescent Girls. Journal of Adolescent Health, Volume 54, No 1, 74-80.
- Morrison, S., Shenassa, E., Mendola, P., Wu, T.T., and Schoendorf, K. (2013) Allostatic load may not be associated with chronic stress in pregnant women, NHANES 1999-2006. Annals of Epidemiology, Volume 23, 294-297.
- Young, D.R., Saksvig, B.I., Wu, T.T., Zook, K., Li, X., Champaloux, S., Grieser, M., Lee, S., and Treuth, M. (2013) Multilevel Predictors of Physical Activity For Early, Mid, and Late Adolescent Girls. Journal of Physical Activity & Health, in press.
- Young, D.R., Camhi, S., Wu, T.T., Hagberg, J., and Stefanick, M.L. (2013) Relationships Among Changes in C-Reactive Protein and Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors With Lifestyle Interventions. Nutrition, Metabolism & Cardiovascular Diseases, Volume 23, 857-
- Wu, T.T., Gong, H., and Clarke, E. (2011) A Transcriptome Analysis by Lasso Penalized Cox Regression for Pancreatic Cancer Survival. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Volume 9, Suppl. 1, 1-11.
- Hamza, M., Wang, X.M., Wu, T.T., Jaber, L., Brahim, J.S., Rowan, J.S., and Dionne, R.A. (2010) Nitric Oxide is Negatively Correlated to Pain During the Early Phase of Oral Surgery Model of Pain. Molecular Pain, Volume 6, No 55.
- Saligan, L.N., Levy-Clarke, G., Wu, T.T., Faia, L.J., Wroblewski, K., Yeh, S., Nussenblatt, R.B., and Sen, H.N. (2010) Quality of Life in Sarcoidosis: Comparing the Impact of Ocular and Non-Ocular Involvement of the Disease. Ophthalmic Epidemiology, Volume 17, No 4, 217-224.
- Park, C.C., Ahn, S., Bloom, J.S., Lin, A., Wang, R.T., Wu, T.T., Sekar, A., Khan, A.H., Farr, C.J., Lusis, A.J., Leahy, R.M., Lange, K., and Smith, D. (2008) Fine mapping of regulatory loci for mammalian gene expression using radiation hybrids. Nature Genetics, Volume 40, No 4, 421-429.
- Liu, H., Miller, L.G., Golin, C.E., Hays, R.D., Wu, T.T., Wenger, N.S., and Kaplan, A.H. (2007) Repeated Measures Analyses of Dose Timing of Antiretroviral Medication and its Relationship to HIV Virologic Outcomes. Statistics in Medicine, Volume 26, No 5, 991-1007.
- Liu, H., Miller, L.G., Hays, R.D., Golin, C.E., Wu, T.T., Wenger, N.S., and Kaplan, A.H. (2006) Repeated Measures Longitudinal Analyses of HIV Virologic Response as A Function of Percent Adherence, Dose Timing, Genotypic Sensitivity, and Other Factors. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, Volume 41, No 3, 315-322.