- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Education, Talks, & Events
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Lower Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can increase your risk of heart disease, kidney disease, and stroke. The good news is that your blood pressure can be managed by following a healthy diet and increasing your physical activity.
One-on-one lifestyle management counseling is available to help you get your blood pressure under control.
What you can expect
In this Lifestyle Management Program you will:
- Meet with a Registered Dietitian (RD)who will assess your dietary behaviors, meal patterns and routines. Then, work together to develop strategies to lower your blood pressure -- strategies that fit into your lifestyle.
- Monitor progress and fine tune strategies at four monthly visits with our RD over two months.
- Have your blood pressure checked at each visit to help monitor progress.If diet and lifestyle changes are not enough to reduce your blood pressure, we will discuss other options with you, including medication and a referral to a Condition Management Program.
- Receive support and encouragement every step of the way!
Appointments are available at various locations throughout the University. Find a location that is convenient for you, then call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment. Call 585-530-2050 or e-mailHealthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
Eligibility for program participation and financial incentives
- Your eligibility for our Lifestyle Management Programs can be found on this eligibility table.
- Financial incentives may be offered to jump-start your efforts. Learn more about financial incentives
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away. Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this blood pressure management program or our other health programs