- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Education, Talks, & Events
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Manage Your Blood Pressure
Having high blood pressure can increase your risk of heart disease, kidney disease, and stroke. The good news is that your blood pressure can be managed by following a healthy diet and increasing your physical activity.
In this Lifestyle Management Program you will:
- Meet with a Registered Dietitian (RD)who will assess your dietary behaviors, meal patterns and routines. Then, work together to develop strategies to lower your blood pressure -- strategies that fit into your lifestyle.
- Monitor progress and fine tune strategies at four monthly visits with our RD over two months.
- Have your blood pressure checked at each visit to help monitor progress.If diet and lifestyle changes are not enough to reduce your blood pressure, we will discuss other options with you, including medication.
- Enjoy support and encouragement every step of the way!
Appointments are available at the University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, at Clinton Crossings, or at the Healthy Living Center at 46 Prince Street.
Email us to request an appointment:Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
Are you employed by the University of Rochester?
Regular full-time or part-time employees, including active SEIU members, can receive services at no cost. Also eligible are employees' spouses/domestic partners enrolled in a University Health Care Plan, and non-Medicare eligible retirees enrolled in a University Health Care Plan and their spouses/domestic partners enrolled in a University Health Care Plan.
$100 Incentives For Eligible Employees
Financial incentives are offered to eligible employees to jump-start your efforts! Here are the details:
- Receive $100 for completing a Personal Health Assessment, including a Biometric Screening.
- Receive $100 for attending at least 4 visits with our RD, as part of this Lifestyle Management Program to manage your blood pressure.
To find out if you are eligible for the incentives and this no-cost Lifestyle Management Program click here: "YOURhealth Eligibility Table."
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away. Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this program or our other health programs