- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Education, Talks, & Events
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
The Center plays a pivotal role in fostering collaborative academic-community research partnerships and enhancing public trust in clinical and translational research.
We also work with collaborators to assess the public health impact of emerging infections and to evaluate and implement methods for their prevention and control. Learn more: Communicable Disease and Surveillance program.
- Practice Based Research Network—Offering consultation on conducting practice-based research. Consults include linking researchers and community practices, protocol development, and training for investigators and research staff in building and maintaining practice relationships.
- Community Engaged Research—Fostering research partnerships by linking investigators with community partners and by offering guiding principles and consultation services for researchers and partners.
For Research Volunteers
- URMC Health Research—Recruiting research volunteers to help us find better ways to treat and prevent disease. Learn how you can make a difference and participate as a research volunteer.
- Healthy Living Research Center—Recruiting volunteers for translational research studies to understand the motivational and psychological mechanisms that drive health behavior change.
- ResearchMatch.com—Bringing together two groups of people who are looking for one another: (1) people who are trying to find research studies, and (2) researchers who are looking for people to participate in their studies. It is a free and secure national registry of research volunteers.
- Engaging more effectively with community organizations, agencies, and diverse population groups to identify research questions critical to the community and to improve methods to reflect community preferences;
- Developing more effective strategies for recruitment and retention of participants in clinical studies;
- Improving the dissemination of information from health promotion interventions and/or clinical trials to increase the community’s knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention.