Application for Gastroenterology Fellowship
Positions commencing July 1, 2013
Our GI Fellowship program is enrolled through NRMP in the Medical Specialties Matching Program. Our listing has been University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital – NY. Our website is: www.urmc.rochester.edu/medicine/gastroenterology. We will be offering positions in the Clinical Track only at this time. Our program is registered to participate in ERAS and this is the only way we will receive applications. Our application deadline is July 31st, 2012. We will not be reviewing new applications after this time.
Consistent with the ERAS Application Form, we do require the following additional documentation:
- Official Medical School Transcripts
- Copy of USMLE score reports
- Curriculum Vitae: Be sure that your honors are clearly detailed with attention to honor society memberships and awards, and also your research and scholarship experience with respect to abstracts, presentations, articles, lab experience and any advanced degrees.
- A personal statement of projected career plans, and a description of yourself, your background and what you perceive to be your strengths as a fellowship applicant
- A Dean’s letter from your medical school
- A letter of reference from your Medicine Residency program director
- Two letters of professional reference in addition to the Dean’s letter and program director’s letter (total of 4 letters)
- A personal photograph is requested to facilitate the interview process
- ECFMG certificate if applicable. International medical graduates must be US citizens, permanent residents, or possess an active J1 visa. The University of Rochester does not accept H1 visas for GI fellowship training.
Arthur J. DeCross, MD