- University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) has 33 operating rooms located over two floors. The entire department is stocked with the highest quality and most advanced technology necessary to meet the ever changing needs of health care acute care.
- Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department is the only level one trauma center in the entire Finger Lakes region which serves approximately 1.2 million people.
- URMC Surgery Center (informally known as Sawgrass) features ten operating rooms and three procedure rooms equipped with advanced technology for optimal care, and spacious facilities for enhanced comfort and privacy for patients and families. Completed in 2009, the new surgery center focuses on the ever increasing need for outpatient procedures which now comprises over 50% of all URMC procedures. The center expects to reach a capacity of 18,000 procedures annually by 2012.
- The Center for Medical Simulation has been designed to facilitate the teaching and evaluation of the basics of anesthesia as well as multiple crisis scenarios.
- Gillies Library: Located within the department of anesthesiology, our library suite houses the administrative offices of the residency program along with computers, a small kitchen, a conference area with a large flat screen TV, and couches to relax.
- Resident Lounge and call rooms—getaway spots to accommodate some R&R time.
- In order to find out more information about the Anesthesiology Department at Strong memorial hospital, click here: