Department Social Events
The best learning environment is one where people feel comfortable and included, like a working member of the team. We are able to foster camaraderie and teamwork by including events for our residents outside of the hospital to better get to know each other as well as have some fun. These programs go on throughout the year and are able to introduce residents to the surrounding area, where there is a bunch to do!
Popular events include:
- Welcoming reception for CA-1 residents
- Finger Lakes Wine Tour: Acclaimed for the best wineries in the region, this trip to Keuka Lake visited multiple wineries for a delicious day trip.
- Ski Trip to Hunt Hollow: A great way to see the surrounding area and get a great day on the slopes for all those snow sport enthusiasts.
- CA-1 outing: The program springs for an outdoor suite so the class can enjoy a one of the popular Rochester Red Wings baseball game and some ball-park food.
- Department Parties: The holiday party is held at The Daisy Flour Mill and is quite an entertaining time with a different theme each year. Last year's Western theme brought some serious spurs and cowboy hats!
- A Faculty/Resident Picnic with catered barbeque food from Holy Smokes Appleslather BBQ and entertainment for the whole family, the entire group can relax and socialize to get to know each other.