ERAS®—The Electronic Residency Application Service
ERAS is a service which transmits residency applications, recommendation letters, Dean's Letters, transcripts, and other supporting credentials from medical schools to residency program directors using the Internet.
Applicants to the Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatric Program are required to apply to the program using ERAS.
Applicants should contact their medical schools or see the ERAS web site for more information on this service.
All correspondence concerning the Med-Peds Program should be addressed to:
Brett Robbins, M.D., Director
University of Rochester
Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 777R
Rochester, NY 14642
What We Require:
- Completed application form (CAF) (also printable in CV format)
- Personal Statement
- Transcript(s) from your medical school(s)
- Dean's letter
- USMLE scores
- Visa type, if applicable (Only J-1 Visas accepted)
- ECFMG number (if applicable.)
All applicants, including international medical school graduates, must complete at least two months of clinical training in an ACGME-approved internal medicine or pediatric program. A listing of these programs can be found in the ACGME "green book." Observerships are not acceptable as clinical training. International medical school graduates who have met these requirements should include a letter to that effect from the clinical advisor of the rotation. For further information regarding the ERAS application process, contact the ECFMG.
- Recommendations: Four total, two from Internal Medicine and two from Pediatrics, are required. One letter from each discipline must be a departmental letter (usually coordinated by the clerkship director and chair).
- An interview: Invitations for a personal interview will be arranged after the receipt of all the above materials. Interviews are by invitation only, and applicants will be notified about interviews by email.
Interviews for 2014-2015 will be held on:
Additional interview dates may be arranged.