- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Non-Matriculated Students
- Postdoctoral Affairs
- Center for Professional Development
- BEST Program
- Summer Scholars Program
- PREP Program
- Trainee Handbook
Annual Poster Session Competition
FRIDAY, MAY 1, 2015
2:00 to 4:00pm Flaum Atrium
Graduate students in the School of Medicine and Dentistry are invited to enter a poster competition with multiple divisions and prizes awarded. Participants are judged based upon the entry abstract and a poster session presentation.
The Poster Session is a forum for graduate students to present their research through poster presentations. It is an excellent opportunity to inform the University community of the wealth of research being done by our graduate students and to highlight their dedication and accomplishments in their respective fields.
This year, more than 50 students are anticipated to participant in this event. Their abstracts and posters will be judged by faculty leaders from the School of Medicine and Dentistry and the River Campus. Funds raised for this event will be awarded as travel awards, which the students may use for travel to conferences and for job interviews.
Eligibility requirements for entry into the poster competition are:
- You must be a matriculated graduate student in the School of Medicine and Dentistry and in good academic standing.
- Entries should present your thesis research performed at the University of Rochester, and may not include research performed at other institutions, in lab rotations or in previous technical positions (collaborations with other institutions is allowed).
- Entries from previous GSS Poster Session competitions are ineligible for entry.
Poster Session Awards Dinner
An Awards Dinner is held following the Poster Session. All presenters will be honored for their dedication and accomplishment and those that are judged to be exceptional will be presented with travel awards ranging from $400 to $800.