Application to the Master in Public Health Program is encouraged from persons with a special interest or experience in the health field, from those in health-related professions, and from persons with professional degrees in medicine and other fields related to health care. Candidates for admission to the program must have earned a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, with the exception of University of Rochester students applying to the 3-2 program.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Online Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Official transcripts from all previous college and graduate programs.
- Three letters of recommendation from former instructors or employers.
- Official GRE scores (institution code: 2948) are required of all applicants unless they have another graduate level degree from a US or Canadian university. (Other official standardized test scores such as MCAT is also accepted).
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (institution code: 2948) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a mandatory requirement of applicants whose primary language is not English.
- Writing sample (term papers, essays, technical reports, grant applications are all appropriate forms).