October 6, 2011
Biochemistry and Biophysics Graduate Students Receive Fellowship Awards
Graduate Students, Sarah Amie (far left) and Dejun Lin (third from left) after receiving their Graduate Fellowship Awards.
At this year's opening convocation on October 5, two graduate students from the department of Biochemistry & Biophysics received Graduate Fellowship's. Dejun Lin, a Ph.D. student in the Biophysics, Structural and Computational Biology graduate program, was awarded the Leon L. Miller Graduate Fellowship. This fellowship, established by the Miller family, honors Dr. Leon Miller, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry & Biophysics, for his contributions to science and the School of Medicine and Dentistry. It is awarded anually to a student with interest in developing a biophysics-related research career.
Sarah Amie, a Ph.D. student in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology graduate program, was awarded the Elmer H. Stotz Graduate Fellowship. This fellowship, established by the Stotz family to honor Dr. Elmer Stotz, Professor Emeritus and former Chair of the Department of Biochemistry, is awarded to a Ph.D. student in biochemistry.
May 13, 2011
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics Holds Annual Awards Ceremony
The department of Biochemistry & Biophysics held its annual awards ceremony to celebrate those students that received their doctoral degree this year. Awards were also given out to various students and faculty members for their respective research and teaching contributions. The following awards were given:
- Walter Bloor Award for Excellent Ph.D. Thesis
- Keith Connolly and Christopher Hine
- George Metzger Award for Excellence in Biophysics Ph.D. Thesis
- Jessica Snyder
- Marvel-Dare Nutting Award Recognizing an Outstanding Biochemistry Ph.D.
- Tamara Caterino
- William Neuman Award in Biophysics
- Paul Black
- William Neuman Travel Awards
- Paul Black, He Fang, Nicholas Leioatts, and Wenhua Wang
- Excellent Student Seminar Presentations
- Wen Shen, Karyn Schmidt, Krystle McLaughlin, and Nicholas Leioatts
- Faculty Teaching Awards
- David Mathews, Ph.D. and Lynne Maquat, Ph.D.
- Staff Recognition Award
- Melissa Vera
Stay up to date with the Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (BMB) by subscribing to our news feed