About the Program
- More than 40 faculty members with varied research interests contribute to the activities of the program.
- The program is “home” to first year students; at the end of the first year, students choose a Ph.D. program (usually Biochemistry) and permanent advisor.
Advisors and Ph.D. Programs
- In the first year of study, students complete 3 or 4 research rotations before choosing a permanent advisor.
- Students matriculate into the Ph.D. program in Biochemistry or may choose another program at the end of the first year of study.
All students admitted receive:
- Full tuition scholarship
- Paid health insurance
- Annual stipend ($26,650 in academic year 2013-14)
- Completed applications must be received by January 1st for consideration for Fall semester admission (new students are only admitted for Fall semester).