2014 Interview Weekend
- If you are traveling by air, your flight will be arranged by the University's travel agency, Town and Country Travel. The agency will be notified by the Graduate Program Coordinator that you will be calling in to book your flight to Rochester.
- Complimentary hotel shuttle service will be arranged for you if your arrival in Rochester is before 12:00am. Pick up time is based upon your flight arrival time. The Hotel monitors guest flights and if there is a delay, pick up time will be adjusted. If a flight delay results in arrival in Rochester after 12:00am, you will utilize taxi service from the Airport and obtain a payment receipt for reimbursement.
- Please book your bus ticket via Greyhound.com Once you’ve received an electronic ticket confirmation, please email a copy to .
- Upon arrival at the Rochester Greyhound Station (186 Cumberland Street, Rochester, NY 14604), locate a taxi outside the entrance or call Checker Cab at (585) 325-2460. Please be sure to obtain a payment receipt for reimbursement.
- Please plan to arrive at the Radisson Rochester Riverside on Thursday by 6:00pm in order to join your fellow applicants at the Welcome Dinner (6:00pm to 8:00pm). Aside from being a lot of fun, the dinner will be a great opportunity to mingle with your fellow applicants, graduate students, faculty and staff! The following link will assist you in mapping your travel route to the Radisson Rochester Riverside .
Parking will be available in the Kornberg Parking lot on Elmwood Avenue during your visit on Friday and Saturday.
The physical address for the School of Medicine and Dentistry, to be used with Google Maps is: 415 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642.
- Kornberg Parking Lot map. You will see the Kornberg Lot in the Northwest corner of the map. You will enter this lot via Elmwood Avenue. There is a large, silver clock in the entrance area and the building entrance reads "University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry."
- Please book your train ticket via Amtrak.com. Once you’ve received an electronic ticket confirmation, please email a copy to .
- Upon arrival at the Amtrak Station (320 Central Avenue, Rochester, NY 14605 ), locate a taxi outside the entrance or call Checker Cab at (585) 325-2460. Please be sure to obtain a payment receipt for reimbursement.
Unless you live locally, a room will be reserved for you at:
The Radisson Rochester Riverside | 120 East Main St. | Rochester, NY 14604 | (585) 546-6400
If you require any special accommodations, please contact the Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs at (585) 275-4522. We will be happy to make arrangements for you.
Transportation will be provided by the University to and from the Radisson Rochester Riverside and the Medical Center throughout your weekend in Rochester.
- The University of Rochester will cover the cost of PhD program applicant's travel and hotel accommodations, and while in Rochester, your meals and program activities.
Covered costs include tickets/mileage/tolls,
baggage fees, hotel room and program meals.
Itemized receipts are required for all reimbursements by the University of Rochester.
- Master's program applicants: please confirm with your Program Coordinator what expenses, if any, are eligible for reimbursement.
- Please note that upon check-in, the Radisson Rochester Riverside will ask you for a credit card to which incidentals (e.g. movies, long distance phone calls, and room service) can be charged, for which you are responsible.
- You will receive an information folder upon check-in, which will include a copy of your interview schedule.
- Dress code for interview weekend is business casual. Please wear comfortable shoes as you can expect to do a lot of walking.
While you are traveling to Rochester, please keep in touch with us if you are delayed, or if you have any difficulty in your travels.
- Between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday, please contact the Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs office at (585) 275-4522.
- After 5:00pm, please contact Linda Lipani at (585) 545-8869 if you need to alert us of a delay or if you need assistance.
- Biomedical Engineering applicants should contact Donna Porcelli at (585) 275-3891 if you are delayed, or if you have any difficulty in your travels.