UR Street Outreach is run by second-year medical students. Volunteers are always needed for street rounds and shelter visits. To participate as a student, doctor or nurse, or to make a contribution, please contact:
Center for Advocacy, Community Health, Education and Diversity
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
For More Information
- Download the UR Street Outreach proposal.
- Download the UR UR Street Outreach Project Poster.
- Download Pittsburgh Magazine article on Dr. Jim Withers.
- Learn about Pittsburgh’s Operation Safety Net and Dr. Jim Withers, the Street Medicine movement’s founder. (link: http://www.pmhs.org/operation-safety-net/)
- Learn more about the international Street Medicine movement. (link: http://streetmedicine.org/wordpress/)