The Information Station
Offering free access to health information and business resources to patients and their families
Provided by Strong Memorial Hospital and the Edward G. Miner Library and funded by Friends of Strong
Ask a Librarian!
We know that easy access to information and communication tools can help make your visit more comfortable. That's why we've added the Information Station for Strong Memorial Hospital patients and their families.
Does a patient or their family member need to:
- access e-mail?
- get assistance from a medical librarian?
- print a boarding pass?
- make a photocopy or send a fax?
- use Microsoft Word®?
Found near the Information Desk in the Main Lobby
Open Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 7:00pm
For more information about the Information Station you may contact an ambassador at the Main Lobby Information Desk at 275-2182 or Miner Library at 275-2487.
The Information Station is also a "virtual library". You can ask a medical librarian about your diagnosis or treatment using the telephone. Simply press the Ask button and it will put you in touch with the librarian displayed on the monitor. The librarian can even take control of your desktop to help guide you to the information you need.
Information Right from the Desktop!
The "active desktop" of the computer also has clickable buttons that provide easy access to information including:
- a list of hospital guest services (like on-site post office, bank, gift shops, coffee carts, ATMs, and cafeterias)
- access to a variety of trustworthy health information resources on the web
- parking payment information
- Medical Center maps
- hotel and restaurant directories
- access to the Caring Bridge, a web tool that lets you keep family and friends posted on your stay
Simply check in at the Information Desk, provide a patient name, and collect the key.