For Sample Drop-off
- Our drop off form is now generated electronically. For reference, our former Sample Drop-off Requisition Form details the information that we will need.
- If you have had a consultation with the Proteomics Core about your project, we most likely have already started a quote for your samples. Otherwise, stop down to the lab and we will compose a form for you with detailed pricing for your specific project.
- An account number for billing, and an Authorizing Signature are necessary for work to begin. The form can be returned by email, fax (6-0190) or thru intercampus mail (Box 611).
Kevin Welle or Jennifer Hryhorenko at (585) 275-0769 in KMRB G-9828.
If you are outside the university and need to ship you samples please follow the directions below.
- Ship early in the week, preferably Monday or Tuesday, so we can be sure samples will reach our facility in a timely manner.
- Use Priority Overnight service and pack tubes wrapped in parafilm and in a secondary plastic bag.
- Fill your shipping container fully with dry ice. Please note that dry ice shipments usually require special documentation and packaging labels.
- Include a copy of your complete Submission form as well as a detailed list of your samples including name and contents.
- Email or fax us a copy of the submission form to let us know your samples are in transit and provide a tracking number if available.
University of Rochester
Attn: Fred Hagen
575 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642
Requirements for Customer Samples
All customers are required to submit their samples for digestion in Eppendorf's Protein Lobind tubes. Please follow the sample preparation guidelines when bringing samples to the facility.
Please do not use colored tips or tubes at any point in your sample preparation. Recommended tubes and tips:
Silver Stain Protocol for MS
Note that there are many protocols for silver staining gels. We recommend that you follow the protocol listed above and do not over-stain your gel.