The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine takes pride in its ability to address the diagnostic and therapeutic concerns of patients with a broad variety of pulmonary diseases. The general pulmonary clinics occur in three venues:
- The clinic of Strong Memorial Hospital is located in the Ambulatory Care Center of the URMC and boasts 9 examinations rooms, two bronchoscopy suites, and a full service state of the art pulmonary function lab.
- The Mary Parkes Asthma Center is an off site facility with a focus on general pulmonary medicine, obstructive lung disease and pulmonary hypertension. MPAC also boasts a full pulmonary function lab, procedure rooms, 9 examination rooms, and is conveniently located next to a radiology suite capable of providing same hour services if the need arises. MPAC also houses the outpatient allergy clinic of the URMC thus fostering collaboration between the two disciplines. Dr. Jim White heads the Pulmonary Hypertension Center at MPAC and is involved in numerous national trials focusing on therapeutics. Finally, MPAC has the ability to monitor airway inflammation using exhaled nitric oxide as a surrogate and provides for translational research in asthma.
- Highland Hospital, a URMC affiliate, also houses a full pulmonary clinic. As with the other two sites, HH has a full pulmonary function lab but also boasts an altitude simulator, and one of western New York’s most state of the art endoscopy suites. Dr. Kallay who directs the HH clinic is involved in clinical trials in interstitial lung disease and has achieved one of the highest enrollment rates for clinical trials in ILD in the nation. Dr. Kallay is also a past president of the New York State Thoracic Society. Dr. Gary Dudek, a master bronchoscopist, is trained in laser bronchoscopy, stent placement, and endobronchial ultrasound.
The Pulmonary Division also offers specialty clinical programs in the following:
Make an Appointment
If you would like to make an appointment or consult our physicians for a second opinion, please contact us at one of the following locations:
- Pulmonary Clinic at Strong
- Pulmonary Clinic at Mary Parkes Center
- Pulmonary Clinic at Highland
Get In Touch
To get more information about URMC Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine visit us at the following locations
Strong Memorial Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642-8692
1000 South Avenue,
Rochester, NY 14620
Mary Parkes Asthma Center
400 Red Creek Drive
Rochester, NY 14623