The Renal Pathology Section of the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine provides diagnostic, consultative and research services in the area of medical renal diseases.
Established in 1960 by Dr. Bernard Panner, the renal pathology division provides expertise in the specialized laboratory services required in the diagnosis and characterization of medical renal diseases, including immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, and transmission, scanning, and immunoelectron microscopy.
In addition to providing diagnostic services to the University of Rochester Medical Center, the renal pathology section has an active regional referral practice and also provides diagnostic services and high magnification imaging for renal research.
Faculty and Staff
- Bruce I. Goldman, M.D. (Northwestern, 1980) Professor, Director, Renal Pathology Section. Special interests: cardiorenal and renovascular disease.
- Jan Czyzyk, M.D. (Warsaw Medical School, 1992) Assistant Professor. Special interest: immunobiology of diabetes mellitus.
- Bernard J. Panner, M.D. (Case Western Reserve 1953) Professor and Director Emeritus. Special interest: diagnostic renal pathology.
- Karen Bentley, M.S. (University of Rochester, 1984) Associate Scientist and Director, Electron Microscope Research Core.
- Stephen Coleman, B.S. (Kansas State University, 1971) Technical Associate.
- Karen Vanderbilt, B.S. (S.U.N.Y/Oswego) Medical Technologist.
To discuss a consultation, arrange for processing of a renal biopsy, discuss a research project or obtain more information, please call the Renal Pathology Division at (585) 275-1946.