- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
The deadline for nominations is noon on Friday, January 18, 2013.
Peer or self-nominations are invited from community partners, as well as within the URMC.
Nominations can be made in one of the three following criteria:
- Senior Faculty (Associate Professor and above)
- Junior Faculty (Residents, Post-Docs, Assistant Professor)
The nomination process has two steps, the online award nomination form, and the follow-up email.
Step One: Online Award Nomination Form
First complete the online award nomination form.
Step Two: Follow-up Email
Next you'll need to submit the nomination essay and appendices via email to Gail Netwon at SatcherAward@urmc.rochester.edu by noon on Friday, January 18, 2013.
Nomination essay (1,000 maximum words) in a Word document that addresses the appropriate award criteria and includes the following:
- Introduction of the nominee (i.e., scope of expertise, years of experience in community-based work, focus on community partnerships).
- Description of university-community partnership(s) with which the nominee is associated, the nominee’s role and responsibilities in the partnership(s), the goals and objectives of the partnership(s) and quantifiable/qualitative outcomes that have been achieved.
- Description of how the nominee’s commitment and involvement in the partnership(s) helps (1) achieve partnership goals and objectives in addressing a community prioritized health need, and (2) contributes to the community health mission of the URMC.
- Examples of how the nominee engages community partners, inspires others, and embodies principles of partnership that contribute to sustained relationships.
- Examples of how the nominee respects and values diversity and inclusion in working with the community.
Two letters of support for each nomination:
- One from within URMC
- One from a community partner
- Curriculum Vitae for faculty nominees
- Resume or outline of work experience for staff nominees
Materials Describing Nominee’s Work (Optional)
You may also include no more than five additional pages for selected materials describing the nominee’s work (e.g., press releases, news reports).
If you have any questions, please contact us at SatcherAward@urmc.rochester.edu, or call Mary Anne Gombatto at (585) 224-3053.
Summer in the City
Summer series of community health talks (Grand Rounds), scheduled June 7 through July 26, 2013.