Welcome to the Sports Concussion Program
URMC Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation and the Department of Neurosurgery have joined together to deliver the latest in medical and surgical care to prevent, evaluate, treat, and rehabilitate injuries, including sports-related concussions and mild traumatic brain injuries. Our Sports Concussion Program physicians provide care for both recreational and competitive athletes of all ages, as well as for individuals with active jobs who may also suffer athletic-like injuries.
Patients of our Sports Concussion Program benefit from:
- The most prompt and effective care and customized, return-to-play treatment plans.
- Nearly 40 subspecialists with expertise spanning every area of orthopaedics and neurosurgery. Most of our specialists have completed extensive fellowships in their respective areas.
- High-quality care provided by the largest, most comprehensive medical practice dedicated to sports medicine in the Rochester, New York nine-county region.
- Physician assistants, physical therapists, and athletic trainers who have completed extensive training in the management of the full array of orthopaedic conditions, as well as the treatment of concussions.
- All critical resources for treatment and aftercare of sports injuries, available at three convenient locations in Brighton and in Greece.
The University Sports Medicine Athletic trainers work closely with high schools and colleges in the area to provide immediate care for sports injuries during practices or games. They also triage concussions and work collaboratively with URMC physicians to coordinate care on behalf of the athletes. Our physicians are also the official team doctors for our local professional teams.
We offer special services that allow for consultation with our physicians any day at any hour—and our treatment schedules are designed to accommodate in-season competitive athletes on an urgent basis.
(During normal office hours, we can arrange for a same-day appointment.)
Make an Appointment
For more information, or to make an appointment, call (585) 275-0299.
Looking for an on-the-go resource about concussions?