In an Emergency, call 911 or your local ambulance.
The Emergency Department at Strong offers the region’s most advanced, and comprehensive emergency care.
Our doctors are all specialty trained and board certified in Emergency Medicine. They are also able to call upon the extensive resources of the University of Rochester Medical Center to give our patients whatever care they might need.
What makes our Emergency Department different?
- Advanced stroke procedures that can extend the window of treatment to 8 hours.
- Fastest heart attack response times in the area.
- The region’s only Level One Trauma Center.
- The only dedicated Burn Center in the region.
- The region’s only Pediatric Emergency Department.
- The area’s only Psychiatric Emergency Department. Visit our Mental Health Emergency Services page.
- The region’s only toxicologist—a doctor specializing in poisonings and drug overdoses.
- Advanced and comprehensive care for every medical emergency.
How we are reducing wait times:
Our Emergency Department has two simple goals for every patient who comes to us:
- To see each patient within 30 minutes of arrival.
- To complete an evaluation and provide next steps within the next 30 minutes.
Much of the time, we are able to give our patients this expedited care. But since the ED at Strong receives the area’s most complex and life-threatening cases, there are times when your wait may be longer. We appreciate your patience at these times.
Every patient is important to us, so we continuously work toward providing the most advanced, compassionate care in the shortest possible time.
If you have questions about the Emergency Department at Strong, please call us at (585) 275-4551.
Directions to the Strong ED
The Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department is located at 601 Elmwood Avenue.