Cost Estimates & Pricing
Good information helps patients and families make smart decisions about their health care. We work with patients and families to estimate how much they could pay for UR Medicine health care services.
To learn more, choose the hospital where you plan to receive care:
- Strong Memorial Hospital
- Highland Hospital
- St. James Hospital
- Noyes Health
- Jones Memorial Hospital
- Thompson Health
Guidance to Help Patients Avoid Surprises in Their Medical Bills
- Learn about the "No Surprises Act," federal legislation that addresses billing when patients get emergency care or get treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center.
- Federal law requires all providers to provide a good faith estimate to uninsured individuals or individuals who choose not to have their insurance billed for all medical items and services.
Why is Health Care Pricing So Complicated?
Many things affect the cost of health care services. For example, the price of a CT scan (used to obtain images of soft tissue and blood vessels) depends on what part of the body is being scanned and whether a contrast agent (special dye) is needed to make the organs and tissue more visible.
Hospitals and physicians set their own prices for the services they provide, but those prices can change for a number of reasons. For example, insurance companies negotiate their own rates with hospitals. And some government programs (like Medicare) set their own rates. For these reasons, “standard” prices are not much help in figuring out what you will have to pay.
In addition to using our Cost Estimator Service, your insurance carrier can help you understand insurance terms such as out-of-pocket maximums, deductibles and copayments that will affect what you ultimately pay. Patients enrolled in Medicare can find insurance information at www.Medicare.gov.
UR Medicine provides compassionate, medically necessary healthcare to anyone in need – regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. If you cannot afford to pay for part or all of your essential health care services, you may be eligible for Financial Assistance.
In addition to consumer-friendly cost estimate tools, new federal regulations require that all hospitals share a machine-readable format (often referred to as a Charge List or Chargemaster) of negotiated prices with insurers and insurance products.
- Strong Memorial Hospital Charges List
- Highland Hospital Charges List
- St. James Hospital Charges List
- Noyes Health Charges List
- Thompson Health Charges List
- Jones Memorial Hospital Charges List
Please note some very important guidelines about this information:
- All charges in these files are estimates and updated at least annually per Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ requirements.
- Our Health Care Cost Estimator team can figure in both hospital charges and other fees. We are happy to help you estimate your health care costs – whether you have insurance or not.