Scheduling New Patients for the University of Rochester Endocrinology Clinics
SMH Internal Referrals
For Physicians on e-RECORD
Referring Physicians participating in the e-Record electronic charting system need only create a "REF-Endocrine Order." IMPORTANT: Support Staff must be sure to release the order to the endocrine staff pool.
Only pertinent lab results/clinic notes and special test results information done outside of the URMC/Strong Memorial Hospital system need to be included.
All New Patient appointments must be scheduled directly with a referring physician office. Endocrine does not accept or schedule any self-referred patients.
- If a patient calls to schedule a new patient appointment then the patient is notified that a referring doctor’s office must call directly.
Referring doctor’s office:
- Please call (585) 275-2901 to arrange for a consultation.
- Endocrinology will fax a “New Patient Sheet” to the referring physician’s office.
All requested information MUST be returned via fax to: (585) 273-1288.
If the referring physician has questions or wishes for an urgent consultation, please let us know and the physician on call will be notified as needed.
- Referrals will be reviewed to make certain that patients are referred to the most appropriate physician in the endocrine practice and that the more urgent patients be seen sooner.
- The Endocrine Clinic will notify both the patient and the referring physician as to the date and time of the consultation within three (3) working days of the initial request.
- Referrals should include:
- Most recent: labs/ ultrasounds/ MRI's/ dexa scans
- Most recent office notes
- Please note if the referral is considered urgent