Pediatric Palliative Care
The pediatric palliative care team serves infants, children and adolescents who are treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital. Pediatric palliative care is provided alongside the active treatment of a patient’s underlying illness.
The Goals of Pediatric Consultations
- Help with physical pain and discomfort
- Relieve emotional, social, and spiritual pain
- Assist with difficult medical decisions
- Support patients, families and staff
The team includes pediatricians, nurse practitioners, social workers, and child-life specialists who work closely with other members of the URMC Palliative Care team.
The team also has developed the following programs:
- Prenatal and neonatal palliative care
- Pediatric palliative care elective rotation for trainees
- Close collaboration with Lifetime Care/CompassionNet
- Bereavement follow-up