We treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions, including injuries to the bones, joints, spine, arms, and legs, as well as their associated nerves, muscles, and other soft tissues. We're most often involved in dealing with the seriously injured patients, some with life-threatening conditions. Our skill set goes beyond knowing how to repair orthopaedic injuries to how to balance life-saving and disability-preventing treatments. We treat less seriously injured trauma patients as well.
While we're very proficient in a wide variety of skeletal surgeries, trauma treatment does not always mean surgery. We work with a variety of allied specialists who provide casting, bracing, and rehabilitation services to trauma patients.
We have special expertise in:
- Stabilization of pelvic fractures
Complex reconstructions using either bone transplants or artificial implants
- Joint Reconstruction
- Limb Shortening and Lengthening
- Amputation (when absolutely necessary to reduce long-term pain and disability)
- Repair of poorly healed fractures
- Fractures in elderly patients
- Fractures in weakened bone (fragility fractures)