- About Us
- Clinical Services
- Community Outreach
- Faculty and Staff
Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Service
Mission of Service
The mission of Strong Behavioral Health’s Child & Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Service (CAPHS) is to provide intensive treatment in a medically supervised, safe, and structured environment for patients, ages 12 to 18, who are:
- At risk for psychiatric hospitalization
- In transition from an inpatient hospital stay
- Experiencing significant functional impairment at home, in school, or in the community, despite the efforts of current outpatient providers.
- Ensure and maintain safety of self and others
- Prevent inpatient hospitalization, or re-hospitalization
- Decrease length of stay on an inpatient unit
- Increase functioning of patient and family
- Empower patients and families to become active partners in treatment
- Maintain the patient in a family or community setting or return the patient to same
- Provide active treatment to stabilize and ameliorate acute symptoms
Description of Service Providers
Treatment is provided by a diversified team of professionals including a psychiatrist, psychiatric nurses, clinical social workers/therapists, special-education teachers, and activity therapists. Because the emphasis of treatment is to maintain the patient in a family and/or community setting, participation of the patient’s collateral supports in the treatment program is essential.
Types of Services Provided
Our therapeutic interventions are based on cognitive-behavioral, developmental and family systems theories, informed by psychodynamic theory. Treatment modalities include individual, group, milieu, and family therapies, as well as pharmacotherapies. Average length of stay is 3 weeks—although this depends on patient’s clinical needs.
Special Features of Service
The CAPHS is the only adolescent-focused partial hospitalization program in the Upstate New York area. We receive referrals from outpatient therapists, physicians, psychiatrists, school personnel, and other collateral agencies both in and outside of Monroe County. Our proactive and intensive treatment, coupled with the patient’s time spent at home (evenings and weekends), allows patients to practice skills in coping with their various stressors and then return to the program to discuss what is and is not working. This team approach allows patient’s and families to feel like partners in treatment rather than alone in their struggle.
|Contact Information:||(585) 273-1776|
|Location of Service:||Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Service 4-9200
Strong Behavioral Health
300 Crittenden Boulevard
Rochester, New York, 14642
|Hours of Operation:||The CAPHS operates throughout the year. Program runs Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. during the school year. During the summer months the program hours are slightly shorter. Hours are subject to change based on clinical needs.|