Links to Child and Adolescent Disorders Resources
Child and adolescent mental health has received increasing attention through funding, research, educational and outreach efforts that are improving the recognition of and access to treatment for youth with mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Research based evidence for treatment effectiveness is lagging behind the clinical application of psychiatric treatment for youth, but this situation is steadily improving through advocacy and research priorities and funding efforts. It is important that this ground be gained as we are learning more and more about the importance of early recognition and effective treatment of childhood mental disorders to the long-term mental, physical and social health of youngsters.
The websites offered here are selected as starting points for clinicians, patients and loved ones to learn more about mental disorders of children and adolescents, research in the field and the best practices in treatment and support for those affected by these disorders.
We hope you will find this site a helpful gateway to the world of information about mental disorders in childhood and adolescence available on the internet.
- APA Practice Guideline
- Practice Guideline Clearing House
- Practice Guideline Gateway
- National Institute of Mental Health Fact Sheet
- Diagnosis, Treatment, Research Gateway
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Society for Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Department of Health and Human Services Adminstration for Children and Families
- Autism Society of America
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Tourette's Syndrome Association
- New York University Child Studies Center Information Gateway