UCAR requires that you complete training before you can work with animals in the laboratory and/or gain access to the Vivarium.
- Animal Resource Orientation
- Facility Tour (SMD, KMRB, CVRI, or Primate Tour)
- CITI Online Training:
- Investigators, Staff, and Students –Working with an IACUC
- Aseptic Surgery (if performing recovery surgery)
- Species-Specific Training (e.g., mouse, rat, gerbil, rabbit, etc.)
- Blackboard Training:
- MicroIsolator Technology and hands-on
- Rodent Colony Management
- Rodent Euthanasia
- If working with chickens and ferrets, review the DVD or CD available in the UCAR Office. Return the training media and remember to submit the completed training documentation form to UCAR.
- If working with monkeys, complete the CITI online training and the Primate Safety Training (available in the UCAR Office). Return the training media and submit the completed quiz to UCAR. Contact DLAM 275-2653 to schedule a Primate Tour.
- CVRI Tours are scheduled after all UCAR training has been completed.
Environmental Health and Safety Training
Online tutorial: Environmental Health and Safety Industrial Hygiene Unit Safety Training (if working in a laboratory)
- Working Safely with Non-Human Primates
- Working with the Laboratory Dog
- Training in Survival Rodent Surgery