TriNetX Global Health Research Network
TriNetX is a global health research network that revolutionizes clinical research and enables discoveries through the generation of real-world evidence.
URMC joined the TriNetX Live network in April 2019. TriNetX replaces i2b2 as the primary patient cohort discovery tool, providing powerful and intuitive query building functions that allow investigators to query EMR data in a completely self-serviceable and secure way to obtain summary patient counts. Once the patient cohort is identified, investigators can work with UR CTSI Informatics team to obtain patient-level data for preparation to research. TriNetX Analyze is a set of analytical tools available to compare cohorts and outcomes, including features to calculate incidence and prevalence. The TriNetX Research Network allows users to design and query 69 million deidentified patient records across 40 health care institutions.
Request Access | Cohort Discovery Tool | COVID Data | Real-World Data | Questions?
TriNetX Access Request
- Complete online self-paced training "TriNetX 101 - Basic Functionality Course" in MyPath (for URMC employees) or Blackboard (for Med center graduate students only).
This training is prerequisite to have access to TriNetX.
- Complete the TriNetX Access Request Form. The CTSI informatics team will review and setup your TriNetX account access within 2~3 business day.
TriNetX Cohort Discovery Tool access:
To access the TriNetX tool itself click here: TriNetX Access.
Log In instructions are available under our Resources tab here: TriNetX LOGON
If you have questions or need support please contact us at: ctsi_informatics@URMC.rochester.edu
Querying COVID data:
UR CTSI Informatics has released instructions how to use the TriNetX software to query for specific diagnoses and labs related to COVID19. Please reach out to CTSI Informatics CTSI_Informatics@URMC.Rochester.edu if you have any questions.
Questions about TriNetX Analytics features?
Perhaps you're interested in the epidemiology behind ensuring these calculations are appropriate for your data or perhaps you have questions on how to correctly interpret results. Please email the Research Help Desk and a Senior Informaticist will be in touch to schedule a virtual conversation at your convenience.
Interested in Real World Evidence studies?
The TriNetX cohort discovery tool offers researchers the option to explore the TriNetX Research Network, a growing network of more than 80 health care organizations from around the world who share de-identified data from over 114 million patients. TriNetX harmonizes electronic medical record (EMR) and other real-world data (RWD) sources from participating health care organizations. Researchers can explore structured, de-identified patient facts within populations based on user-entered, custom criteria, on a user-friendly analytics platform.
To get the process started:
- Request TriNetX access.
- Develop a query on the Research Network that identifies the project population. Once your query is final, click the yellow button marked “Request Dataset” inside the Query History column on the right hand side, and follow the prompts.
- Create a UR CTSI service request for a Research Network data set, and select option ‘TriNetX Research Dataset Request’
- A representative from UR CTSI Informatics will contact you with additional information and support.
- If you have questions or need support please contact CTSI_Informatics@URMC.Rochester.edu.