Flaum Eye COVID-19 Update for Patients
The Flaum Eye Institute is open and seeing patients consistent with current COVID-19 guidelines from the State, County and Hospital. We missed you and are sorry if we had to postpone a previous appointment.
If concern about COVID-19 is preventing you from seeing us, let us reassure you we have made changes to keep you very safe:
- Our doctors and staff may review your records prior to an appointment and recommend a telemedicine visit if this is possible for you
- All employees must complete a daily health screening before coming into work, and anyone exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed to work
- All doctors, nurses and staff in our clinics will wear masks, and we’ll also provide a mask to you when you arrive if you don’t have one
- For your safety and convenience, all locations will have cell phone check in (Beginning May 4). You may wait in your car until your exam room is ready
- We will ask upon your arrival about recent health history and whether you have been tested for COVID-19
- Rooms will be disinfected between patients and we will be wearing gloves and hand washing frequently to minimize risk
- You may be required to spend more time in an exam room to avoid contact with others. Visitors accompanying patients inside will be limited and waiting rooms have been rearranged to conform to social distancing guidelines. Visitors accompanying patients may also be asked to wait outside the office. Courtesy phones will be provided to notify them when your appointment is complete
- All facilities are thoroughly sanitized at the end of every day
We want you to feel confident knowing that you can access important care needed to protect your vision. Understanding that COVID-19 will be present for some time, our clinics pledge to meet or EXCEED recommended safety standards. We are here for you.