The Flaum Eye Institute's Population Health Strategy
Our mission is to reach out to people within and beyond traditional eye care sites in a systematic and data driven manner to promote eye health and prevent vision loss/blindness.
The goal is to Significantly Reduce the percentage of people with ocular disease to end blindness/preserve vision and reduce health care costs.
- Engaging in Community Partnerships and Education
(Eye Lions Club, working with local schools, Project Eye ECHO)
- Expand Access to Clinical Care
Emphasis on Comprehensive Eye Care
- Implement Vision Health Surveillance and Education
Across the Lifespan – Children (screening and Eye Glasses for Kids), people with diabetes (Tele-I-Care), older adults (ForeseeHome from Notal Vision Home Screening) and Project REBUILD – resilience training for older adults with vision loss
- Develop Population Health IT/Informatics Infrastructure
- Conduct Population Health Based Health Outcomes Research