Our mission is to reach out to people within and beyond traditional eye care sites in a systematic and data driven manner to promote eye health and prevent vision loss/blindness.
Goal is to Significantly Reduce the percentage of people with ocular disease to end blindness/preserve vision and reduce health care costs.
- Engaging in Community Partnerships and Education
(Lions Club, Working With Local Schools, Project Eye ECHO)
- Expand Access to Clinical Care
Emphasis on Comprehensive Eye Care
- Implement Vision Health Surveillance and Education
Across the Lifespan – Children (screening and Glasses Kids), People with Diabetes (Tele-I-Care) (see below), Older Adults (ForeSee Home from Notal Vision Home Screening) and Project REBUILD – resilience training for older adults with vision loss
- Develop Population Health IT/Informatics Infrastructure
- Conduct Population Health Based Health Outcomes Research