Lupus Clinic and Program
Quick Facts About Lupus
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) can vary from a mild condition to a life-threatening illness. It causes disease by attaching a person's immune system. It can inflame joints making them swell and attack the kidneys, heart, lungs and liver, leading to pain, dysfunction, and somethimes permanent damage to healthy tissues.
- Approximately one and a half to two million Americans suffer from this potentially fatal autoimmune disease, and 90% of those are women.
- Most women are stricken during their childbearing years.
- Most people develop their lupus between teh ages of 15 and 45.
- Asians, Aftrican-Americans and Latina women are 2-4 time more likely to have lupus.
Make an appointment by calling (585) 486-0901 .
We are located at:
400 Red Creek Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14623