When it comes to eating better, knowing where to start can be overwhelming and staying motivated can be hard. Whether you’re looking to prevent heart disease, manage a specific dietary concern, or improve your overall wellbeing, our team is here to help. To schedule an appointment with one of our registered dietitians, call (585) 602-0720.
The clinical team at the Center for Community Health & Prevention is offering telehealth appointments to help protect patients, staff and our community during the coronavirus pandemic. Appointments can be done by phone or video conferencing.
Nutrition can be personal—especially if you’re dealing with a specific health concern like high blood pressure, diabetes, or Celiac disease. But, we can help you start feeling better, with individual support for your specific dietary needs.
What you can expect:
- Help identifying your health and nutrition goals to manage existing concerns and prevent cardiovascular, metabolic and other chronic diseases
- Personal support to address your individual dietary needs
- Information on how nutrition and lifestyle impact long-term health
- Strategies to overcome challenges
Group program | 5 weeks | 5 one-hour group sessions
Preventing cardiovascular disease is important, but knowing how to eat for better heart health can be confusing. Our registered dietitians are here to provide you with the information you need to start making more heart-healthy choices, and the support you need to stay motivated.
What you can expect:
- Introduction to the principles of heart-healthy eating, including the function and importance of healthy fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Explanation of the benefits of three recommended dietary patterns—Mediterranean, Healthy US, and Vegetarian—and how they contribute to prevention of cardiovascular, metabolic and other chronic diseases
- Practical meal planning tools to help you incorporate heart-healthy recommendations
Make an Appointment
Individual appointments and group programs are available at convenient times and locations throughout the year. If you have any questions, give us a call at (585) 602-0720 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.