Fellowship Placement

Over the past 13 years, 74% of our residency graduates have gone on to fellowship training in a subspecialty of internal medicine while the remaining 26% have pursued careers in general medicine, either as community based internists or hospitalists. While we are glad that many of our residents stay in Rochester for fellowship, we are also extremely proud of our residents' success in securing fellowships at outstanding academic institutions throughout the country. The table below summarizes the fellowship placement results for residents applying for positions to begin in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Fellowship Placements for 2011- 2014



Cardiology (15)

University of Rochester (7)

Brown University (2)


Thomas Jefferson University

Tulane University

University of Colorado

University of Florida

University of Massachusetts

Hematology-Oncology (13)

University of Rochester (10)

Cleveland Clinic

Mayo Clinic

University of Maryland

University of Tennessee

Pulmonary-Critical Care (11)

University of Rochester (8)

Boston University

Johns Hopkins University

University of Southern California

Gastroenterology (7)

University of Rochester (2)


University of Buffalo

University of Connecticut (3)

Infectious Diseases (3)

Case Western Reserve

Cleveland Clinic

University of North Carolina

Nephrology (3)

University of Pittsburgh

University of Rochester

University of Virginia

Palliative Care (3) University of Rochester (3)
Geriatrics (2) University of Rochester (2)
Allergy-Immunology (2)

University of Rochester

University of Iowa

Rheumatology University of Rochester