The URMC Center for Bone Health
The URMC Center for Bone Health is a regional referral center for the diagnosis and treatment of bone disorders such as osteoporosis, calcium bone disorders, and metabolic bone disease. Our integrated group of specialists is dedicated to providing the most effective care possible to patients as well as advancing care through research.
The Center for Bone Health Difference
- Our Center is one of only a handful in the country that combines total orthopaedic care with the treatment of metabolic bone disease for patients of all ages
- Our faculty collaborate closely with physiatrists, endocrinologists, nephrologists, rheumatologists, obstetricians, gynecologists and pathologists to treat a wide range of bone diseases with an emphasis on osteoporosis
- We are uniquely qualified to treat patients who have severe bone disease or are failing standard therapy
- We have extensive experience with tailoring medication and using treatments to prevent bone loss and promote new bone growth
- Our physical therapists and nurse practitioners are specially trained in therapeutic approaches for people with increased bone fragility
- We take additional safety training in fall prevention for the protection of patients suffering with fragility fractures
- Because diet is an essential element of bone health, we arrange a nutritionist or registered dietitian to provide dietary evaluation and advice
- Testing, treatment and physical therapy services are all available under one roof at our convenient Clinton Crossings location in Brighton. We operate additional DXA scanning facitilies at Strong Memorial Hospital and the Women's Health Pavilion in Henrietta.