Welcome to the Department of Public Health Sciences!
Our Department represents a dynamic, committed cadre of faculty, staff, and students devoted toward one mission: "The improvement of health and health care among diverse populations through research, learning, and community partnerships." Our Department consists of four divisions, each representing a component of the public health sciences. These include:
- Epidemiology which focuses on chronic disease prevention through population research;
- Health Policy and Outcomes Research which increases our understanding of health care through interdisciplinary research;
- Social and Behavioral Sciences which excels in community-based health promotion research related to social, behavioral, and environmental change, and lastly;
- Healthcare Management consisting of healthcare professionals responsible for institutional quality, safety, and patient outcomes.
- The Department of Public Health Sciences has completed its work on a self-study documentfor re-accreditation by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH). This represents the work of sixteen authors including PHS faculty members, staff, students and alumni. It is posted here for public review. Please send your comments to Nancy P. Chin, Associate Chair for Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all who contributed to its completion.