Having a baby is an exciting time, but sometimes breastfeeding doesn't go as planned. Meeting with a lactation consultant or a provider specializing in breastfeeding can help to answer your questions and work through problems that come up.
You May Benefit from a Consultation If:
- Your baby is having trouble latching on
- You have very sore nipples
- Your baby is not gaining enough weight
- You think your baby may be tongue-tied
- You think your milk supply may be too low
- Medical problems are making breastfeeding difficult
- Your baby is premature or hospitalized
- You have had many breast infections
What to Expect During Your Consultation
You will meet one-on-one with a lactation consultant and breastfeeding medicine specialist to go over your concerns and breastfeeding goals. Then, you will work together to come up with a plan that meets your needs. The visits generally take about one hour. We will send a summary of your visit to your prenatal office and the baby's pediatrician.
We look forward to helping you through this exciting stage. For more information, or to schedule your consultation, please call (585) 276-MILK. Download our postpartum consultations handout for more details.
Our consultation services are not within the global obstetrics delivery fee and are billable to insurance. We accept most major insurances; please check with our office and refer to your specific plan's coverage. When co-pays/payments are due, we accept cash, check and all major credit cards.