Services and Programs
The Division of Adolescent Medicine provides both inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents and young adults. Our inpatient services provide treatment for complex and severe disorders and is the only adolescent-focused hospital-inpatient unit in New York State outside of New York City.
- Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder Program
We are a designated Regional Center of Excellence and referral site for The New York State Comprehensive Care Center for Eating Disorders of Western New York which includes treatment, case management and parent support groups.
- Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Program
We provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care to youth and young adults who are seeking birth control options, management of menstrual concerns, STI (sexually transmitted infection) screening or treatment, or PrEP (HIV Pre Exposure Prophylaxis). We provide youth-centered, inclusive, and trauma-informed care, and welcome youth of any gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, size, or ability.
- Gender Health Program
We provide welcoming and affirming care for transgender and gender diverse youth, young adults, and their families.
Our Community Partners
We collaborate with partners throughout the greater Rochester region, including...
- The Healing Connection
- Hillside Children's Center: Our faculty provide collaborative physician services to youth and families with a wide range of emotional, behavioral, and life-circumstance challenges.
- Rochester Institute of Technology Student Health Center
- University of Rochester University Health Services
- The Rochester Adolescent Maternity Program (RAMP) is designed to provide specialized obstetrical care for pregnant teenagers up to 19 years of age. The program provides medical care, and information about pregnancy, labor, birth and newborn care.
- School-Based Health Centers: Rochester City School District school-based health clinics located at East and Douglass High Schools.
- Hillside Center: Our faculty provide collaborative physician services to youth and families with a wide range of emotional, behavioral, and life-circumstance challenges.
- Center for Youth: A faculty member sits on the Board of Directors of this unique organization which provides comprehensive programs and services including prevention education, counseling, emergency shelter and youth development opportunities.
- Planned Parenthood: A faculty member provides care for teens and young adults with gynecologic and contraceptive needs.