Pediatric Consultation Services
Pediatric Consultation Services offers evaluation and short-term treatment to patients and their families on the medical inpatient floors and in the primary care and subspecialty clinics. The team, which is comprised of psychiatrists, psychologists, and a psychiatric nurse practitioner, collaborates closely with the child’s medical team.
Common referral issues include:
- Adjustment and adaptation to medical illness
- Family distress related to a child's illness, difficulty following treatment plan, preparation for procedures
- Behavioral treatment to assist with medical problems, such as diabetes and recurrent abdominal pain
- Hospitalization due to a mental health concern, such as an eating disorder or suicidal behavior
- Parenting and family communication issues and emotional and behavioral difficulties, such as depression and anxiety
Our team can also assist families in accessing mental health services in their community. Please speak with your medical provider if you would like more information or would like to meet with a member of this service.