23rd Annual Anne E. Dyson Memorial Grand Rounds and Community Health Symposium
Thank you so much for joining us for the Anne E. Dyson Memorial Grand Rounds and Community Health Symposium. If you weren't able to make it, check out here!
"Hydroponic Gardening and Produce Prescriptions as a Tool for Addressing Food Insecurity"
Dr. Andrew Aligne, Dr. Sarah Ventre, Allison DeHonney
PEDS Network Impact: Buffalo Sprouts from United Hospital Fund on Vimeo.
Interested in being a guest on the Thriving Forward Podcast? Contact Kelly_Mcdermott@urmc.rochester.edu
About Dr. Anne E. Dyson
A pediatrician and philanthropist, Dr. Dyson was the driving force behind nationwide efforts to refocus our attention on children in the community, especially those who suffer from violence, poverty, hunger and other social ills.
Under her leadership, the Dyson Foundation funded ten pediatric residency training programs, including the University of Rochester, to enhance training in community health and advocacy. The Anne E. Dyson Memorial Grand Rounds & Child Advocacy Forum celebrates her legacy and promotes the great work being done on behalf of children in the Rochester community and beyond.
View Previous Dyson Day Presentations
- 2022 Kareem Weaver "Literacy For All: Chaos or Community."
- 2021 Dr. Megan Callanan Lasaponara, Dr. Sarah Collins McGowan, Jennifer Quick, Atahsia Walker, Dr. Karina Vattana, Sara Christensen, Dr. Tyler Stephen "Rochester Thriving Forward: Celebrating Resilience in the Community."
- 2020, Dr. Cappy Collins, Dr. Sara Horstmann "The Social Determinants of Health: What Should We Do About Them, and How Does One Teach That?"
- 2019, Dr. Carol St. George, “Hooked on Literacy.”
- 2018, Dr. Nirupama Laroia, “Helping Babies Breathe: a global health initiative for decreasing infant mortality.”
- 2017, Panel discussion “What do we do with the answers?” Connecting families with resources after we ask about household conditions and social determinants of health.”
Accreditation: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Certification: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.