- Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 p.m.
- Phone number: (585) 275-5857
- Fax number: (585) 756-8054
- Office phone is answered 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- If you call after hours and your call is urgent, our answering service will contact the geneticist on call for you.
- If you call after hours and your call is routine, our answering service will ask you to call back during office hours.
- If you are faced with a life threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Phone: (585) 275-5857 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Patients are seen in the Division of Genetics by appointment only. We are not able to accommodate walk-in visits.
- Please call (585) 275-5857 to schedule an appointment during office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
When scheduling an appointment please:
- Be specific about the reason for the visit so we schedule you in the proper clinic.
- Have your insurance card and referral number (if your policy requires a referral to a specialist) available.
- Notify us if you and your child require an interpreter (Spanish, Sign Language, French, etc.) during the appointment. We will provide this service for you.
- Confirm our office has received medical records and referral information from the referring provider.
If you need to cancel your child's appointment for any reason, please call at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. That will allow us to offer the appointment to a child from our waiting list.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- Your current insurance card.
- Copies of previous genetic test results on the patient and/or family members. Pictures of the patient and family photos for our Team to review at the visit.
- Any additional information you have obtained on the questions you were asked when the appointment was scheduled.
Getting to the University of Rochester Medical Center
- Please plan to be at the visit in the Division of Genetics 1-2 hours.
- Most genetic testing is a blood test. If testing is ordered and insurance prior approval is in place, the patient may have their blood drawn after the visit.
- In some cases, the patient will be required to return to the University of Rochester Medical Center Outpatient Lab for the blood draw at a later date.
- Genetic testing can take as long as 8-10 weeks to obtain results. When our office receives the patient’s test results, a member of our Team will contact you by phone promptly.
Your child's medical records are strictly confidential and cannot be disclosed to anyone without a parent or guardian's written permission. The parent or guardian must sign a special written consent form to authorize the release of this confidential information from Golisano Children's Hospital.
Billing and Insurance
- Co-payment is due at the time of your visit. We accept cash, personal checks, or credit cards. We accept most types of insurance, We will bill the insurance company for you. Please be aware that you will receive a bill for any balance or non-covered service.
- Contact your insurance provider directly to learn the specifics of your coverage of a specialist visit.
When scheduling a follow up appointment, please remember to notify our office if the patient’s primary care doctor or insurance coverage has changed since the last visit.
Your Rights and Responsibilities