Culture & Opportunity
Build a healthy, inclusive environment to attract and retain the best and brightest talent for Golisano Children's Hospital.
The Big Picture
We will build a reputation for valuing diversity of our employers and learners and leverage our abilities, interests and skills to gain top results across the enterprise.
Why it’s Important, And How We'll Do It
Recruiting and retaining the best and brightest faculty, staff and learners is the largest determinant of our success. To turn our ambitions into reality, we must have a welcoming and inclusive culture and environment where individuals can flourish in their careers.
Our Objectives in Brief
- Grow a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters creativity and innovation and promotes colleague engagement.
- Create career development opportunities across the faculty spectrum to ensure strong, diverse leadership and professional satisfaction.
- We will develop a more centralized recruitment process to ensure better coordination of recruits. Faculty will be supported through meaningful and strategically aligned professional development. Succession planning and related professional development will be put in place to ensure a strong leadership pipeline across the department and children’s hospital.
- Develop a communication framework that expresses GCH’s values and priorities internally and externally.
- To ensure transparency and build community across the children’s health enterprise, gaps in communication will be improved. We will take a thoughtful approach to developing communication content and upgrading facility aesthetics through diversity and inclusion lenses.
For further information on the Culture and Opportunity goal, please contact: Kate Greenberg, M.D., Laurie Steiner, M.D., Jessica Shand, M.D., M.H.S.