Phase II - Advancing Care for Children
Each year more than 85,000 children from the 17-county Finger Lakes region and beyond come to Golisano Children’s Hospital – often seeking surgical services or complex care that can only be found here. The new Golisano Children's Hospital opened in July 2015. Already, its innovative design has touched hundreds of lives - helping patients and families to feel at home, and enabling doctors and nurses to work more efficiently.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) makes it possible for families to stay with their tiny, premature babies 24/7 in their very own private rooms.
- Private rooms for all our children help families to feel more at home during their times of greatest need.
- Our Play Deck, Teen Room and Toddler Playroom provide places where kids can be kids.
- We have the most advanced imaging in the nation - including the only PET/MRI in a children's hospital.
Phase II brings exciting and greatly needed new surgical and patient-care capabilities to our new hospital. In September, we will be ready to open two new floors - adding our new pediatric operating rooms, a pediatric cardiac surgery center, a gastroenterology procedure suite, and a new pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Construction of the physical space is almost complete, but there is still much work to be done. We need your support, now more than ever, as we continue our efforts to advance care for children in the region and continue to build for the future of our community.
Phase II - Plans and Progress
- Six new operating rooms, including a dedicated pediatric cardiac OR
- 23 private pre-operative and post-operative recovery rooms
- A gastroenterology surgical procedure suite
- Dedicated pediatric cardiac catheterization/electrophysiology laboratory
- Pediatric-friendly waiting space for families
Sixth Floor - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Relocation of the current 12 ICU and 10 general care pediatric beds to new rooms in the children's hospital
- Addition of six new pediatric ICU beds to accommodate the rising demand for care and to further enhance efficiencies by having all beds co-located in the children's hospital
The new space will let us provide the most advanced care for the region's sickest children - while supporting our amazing surgeons with the technology they need. It will also help us to attract more of the best pediatricians and pediatric surgical specialists in the nation.