Phase II - Advancing Care for Children
Phase II brings exciting and greatly needed new surgical and patient-care capabilities to our hospital. Some of the new areas on the fourth and sixth floors of the hospital are already open and the rest will open to patients over the course of the next month.
Fundraising for Phase II construction is ongoing and has been supported by numerous gifts, including a $2 million donation from Rita Buzzard in honor of her late husband Clay, and a $750,000 pledge from Andy McDermott and Rob Burch, creators of the Fairport Music Festival. We need your support, now more than ever, as we continue our efforts to advance care for children in the region and continue to build for the future of our community.
Phase II - Take a Look Inside
Pediatric ORs, GI Suite and Cardiac Cath Lab - 4th Floor
PICU and Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit - 6th Floor
- Six new operating rooms, including a dedicated pediatric cardiac OR
- 23 private pre-operative and post-operative recovery rooms
- A gastroenterology surgical procedure suite
- Dedicated pediatric cardiac catheterization/electrophysiology laboratory
- Pediatric-friendly waiting space for families
Sixth Floor - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Relocation of the current 12 ICU and 10 general care pediatric beds to new rooms in the children's hospital
- Addition of six new pediatric ICU beds to accommodate the rising demand for care and to further enhance efficiencies by having all beds co-located in the children's hospital
The new space will let us provide the most advanced care for the region's sickest children - while supporting our amazing surgeons with the technology they need. It will also help us to attract more of the best pediatricians and pediatric surgical specialists in the nation.
Each year more than 85,000 children from the 17-county Finger Lakes region and beyond come to Golisano Children’s Hospital – often seeking surgical services or complex care that can only be found here. The new Golisano Children's Hospital opened in July 2015.