Grant Writing Skills
Grant writing is both a skill and an art. We have compiled courses, how-to guides and tip sheets from URMC, NIH and beyond to help you write winning grants.
- Nuts & Bolts of Scientific Writing online education module
- Scientific writing, editing and consultation services are offered by Constance Baldwin, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics at URMC. Contact the Research Help Desk.
- PM 438 Grantsmanship course (offered by the Department of Public Health Sciences)
- Resources on writing from the Center for Professional Development
- Tips for Writing Specific Aims and The Anatomy of a Specific Aims Page by Michelle, S., PhD Bioscience writers.
- Making Your Words Count Twice: Writing Compactly for the NIH Format
- NIH Grant Writing Resources
- Write your application: The NIH Office of Extramural Research has tools to help you write your application, develop budgets, format attachments, and understand requirements for page limits, data tables, reference letters and biosketches.