Unique programs offer integrated substance use disorder and mental health treatment services
UR Medicine Mental Health and Wellness has opened two new Community Division programs that provide comprehensive care for adolescents and young adults facing both substance use and mental health concerns:
Strong Recovery’s Adolescent and Young Adult Program is the region’s only Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) to provide comprehensive treatment for adolescents and young adults who are struggling with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders, such as depression and anxiety.
Strong Recovery is an exclusive clinic consisting of an Adolescent Program for patients ages 14- to 18-years-old, and an Emerging Young Adult Program for those age 18 to 24. It offers an environment tailored to the specific needs of this population related to addiction, while also providing support to patients’ families, significant others, legal guardians, mentors and friends to help patients maintain recovery and find a successful path to wellness.
“Adolescents and young adults with a substance use disorder face a distinctive set of challenges,” said Patrick Seche, M.S., CASAC, senior director of UR Medicine’s Addiction Services. “This clinic offers a holistic, person-centered approach tailored to assist them in choosing their path to recovery and wellness.”
The Strong Recovery Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic offers:
- Medication-assisted treatment and psychotropic medication management
- Individual and group therapy programming
- Integrated creative expression therapy to help patients develop a greater sense of self
- Family integration, taking into account family dynamics as an important focus of care
- Outreach and supportive services such as targeted case management, peer support, psychosocial rehab services
For more information, please call (585) 275-3161.
Strong Ties Young Adult Program, also a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC), offers specialized early intervention treatment for young adults 18- to 28-years-old, struggling with serious mental health concerns such as schizophrenia, with or without substance use issues. The Young Adult Program is a subspecialized clinical pathway, part of the larger Strong Ties Clinic that has received national recognition for providing comprehensive mental health treatment for individuals across the adult age continuum for decades.
“The need for integrated addiction and mental health services for adolescents and young adults has risen significantly, said Maria Romana, PMHNP-BC, program director for Strong Ties. “These new clinics make it possible to meet these young people where they are, while providing them and their support systems the tools for long-term success.”
The Strong Ties Young Adult Program offers:
- Individual and group therapy, including creative arts therapy approaches
- A comprehensive psychotropic medication management, including long-acting medications
- An onsite pharmacy and laboratory for real-time, comprehensive services
- Support for patients and their families to help to reduce impairments, minimize relapse, achieve each patient’s treatment goals, and keep clients safe in the community
- Outreach and supportive services such as targeted case management, peer support, and psychosocial rehabilitation services.
For more information, please call (585) 279-4900.