UR Medicine’s 12th Annual Men’s Health Day will be held on Friday, June 17, 2016. Caregivers from UR Medicine will address a wide range of topics, focusing on how older men can prolong a healthy and active lifestyle.
Men’s Health Day will be held at Locust County Club at 2000 Jefferson Road in Pittsford. The event runs from 11:00am to 3:00pm, includes lunch, and is free and open to men 45 and older.
“As we age, many factors come into play that ultimately influence our health,” said Jean Joseph, M.D., M.B.A., a urologist with UR Medicine and organizer of the event. “While some factors, like genetics, are beyond our control, there are many steps that men can take to protect and maintain their health. Probably the most important step is to make a personal commitment to living a healthy life and work with your health care team to remain active and independent.”
Speakers at the event include:
- "Turning hearing loss into gain” –Christy Monczynski Hopson, Au.D., M.S., UR Medicine Audiology.
- “Defining, treating, and avoiding rotator cuff disease” – Gregg Nicandri, M.D., UR Medicine Orthopedics and Rehabilitation and Cameron Apt, A.T.C., C.S.C.S., UR Medicine Sports Medicine Program.
- “Keeping a healthy heart” – Parag Patel, M.D., UR Medicine Cardiology
- “Vision health: From LASIK to lens implants” – Scott MacRae, M.D., UR Medicine Flaum Eye Institute
- “Cancer survivorship: your needs, our obligations” – Louis Constine, M.D., UR Medicine Wilmot Cancer Institute.
- “Urology: What men don’t talk about” – Gareth J.W. Warren, M.D., M.Sc., UR Medicine Urology.
For more information, visit www.menshealth.urmc.edu.