Neonatal Emergencies During Resident Skills Days
Learners participate as teams in simulated scenarios of neonatal emergencies to develop their knowledge, patient care skills, teamwork and communication skills.
University of Rochester Emergency Medicine, Obstetric, Medicine-Pediatric and Pediatric residents
- Identify the signs, symptoms and differential diagnosis of a neonate in cardiorespiratory distress
- Explain the indications for and perform the steps of neonatal resuscitation
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills as the team leader and team member
Please contact the Course Directors for dates.
Information will be provided with course registration.
- Emergency Medicine:
- Julie Pasternack, M.D., M.S.
- Linda Spillane, M.D.
- Obstetrics: Christine Arnold, M.S., R.N.
- Neonatology: Rita Dadiz, D.O.