APP Fellowship Program in Neonatology
Applications for the 2020-21 fellowship class will be accepted, starting on December 1, 2019.
The APP Fellowship in Neonatology at The University of Rochester Medical Center is a 12 month post-graduate specialty training program for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. The program is 75% clinical and 25% didactic and includes side-by-side education with the UR Medicine Pediatric Residency and Neonatal Fellowship programs. The APP Fellowship includes a core program of neonatal medicine and also several specialty rotations meant to enhance neonatal provider education. Neonatal medicine rotations include experiences in the Golisano Children’s Hospital Level IV NICU, Newborn Nursery and Birthing Centers. In addition, Fellows participate in Neonatal skills labs and NICU simulations. The program also offers protected time throughout the fellowship to enrich the academic experience with participation in quality or research projects.
The program is designed for new graduate APPs or those with experience looking to change specialties.
APP Fellowship Benefits
- APP Fellows are offered full employee benefits:
- Competitive Fellowship salary
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental insurance coverage
- Life insurance policy
- Disability insurance coverage
- 5 weeks Paid vacation
- The Fellowship program includes certifications such as:
- Additional Benefits:
- Scrub allowance/NICU Jacket
- Book stipend $300
- CME stipend $1250
- Peri-Facts Subscription
- Attendance at the High Frequency Ventilation Symposium
Upon successful completion of the program, Fellows may be offered full-time medical staff positions in the NICU
- Applications due February 1, 2020
- Interview dates: February - April 2020
- Application acceptance notification: May 2020
- Program start date: July 2020
- 12 month program
The APP Fellow must meet the following qualifications:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Active New York State licensure as Registered Nurse ad Nurse Practitioner in good standing
- Current national certification as a Nurse Practitioner (completed during program)
- Physician Assistant
- Completion of an AMA approved Physician Assistant program
- Active New York State Physician Assistant licensure in good standing
- Current national certification as a Registered Physician Assistant
Applicants for the Neonatal Intensive Care APP Fellow position should demonstrate clinical competence as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The APP Fellow should have excellent customer relation skills, a passion for Neonatal Care and an active desire to learn.
The application deadline for the 2020-2021 fellowship year is February 1st, 2020 and interviews will be conducted in February-April of 2020.